Tuesday 12 June 2012

Sneak preview of our fabric collection...coming online soon!

I've been finding it hard recently to keep on top of updating the blog and Facebook and Twitter....this list goes on...my excuse?...I've been busy stocking up my new online shop!

As the renovations of our fantastic bricks and mortar shop trundles on, the online shop is really taking shape! I have been choosing out the best, most beautiful, colourful and exciting fabrics, haberdashery and yarn and all going to plan I'll be ready to go by mid July!

I've been getting deliveries all the time and its been really exciting to open up the boxes like they're big early christmas presents!

I wanted to take lots of pictures to give you guys a sneak preview so here is my first instalment!

I'm sure a lot of you have heard that Amy Butlers first fabric range, Gypsy Caravan, has been reprinted. If you haven't heard then your in for a treat!

It's a totally gorgeous collection of 100% cotton quilting weight fabric. There is a mixture of floral prints - large and small, stripes and dots too meaning lots of amazing colour and pattern combinations. We will be stocking 18 prints from the collection and here they are!.........


The colour palate of the whole range runs into each other really nicely. I think you could easily have all of these together but choosing a selection of either more bluey ones, greeny ones or more pinky ones works really well too!

One of my favourites is the blueish colour way of the large floral print, the one that is focus in the this pic below.

 I think it would look great as an oversized bag or cushion so you could get the full effect of the pattern. You can see form the other fabric blots that there are loads of options of what to combine with this print with. I've got loads of ideas buzzing round...a co-ordinating lining for a hand bag, a contrasting strap using the strips or a use one to make a trim for a cushion cover.

I'll be selling these lovely fabrics by the half meter or in fat quarter bundles of either 4, 6 or 8 and you will be able to choose your own combination for the fat quarter bundle too!

My blog will be moving over to the new site soon so for any subscribers to the blog you might have to re-add our new address to your Google reader or Bloglovin account. All the details will be on this blog anyhoo!

Let me know what you think of the collection....how would you stitch up yours?! I'll be back later in the week to show you some more colourful treats from our new stock!

No comments:

Post a Comment