Wednesday 29 February 2012

Up-cycled paper basket

I found this really funky paper basket tutorial on the Design Sponge blog last week and I couldn't wait to try it out. Using scrap brown packaging paper you sew long strips of paper that are then woven into a neat little basket to store your bits and bobs.

Unfortunately I don't get packages that require excessive amounts of brown packaging paper, but I do have hoarding tendencies so I managed to dig out an old roll of lining wall paper that we kept - still there form the previous owner of our house. And it was sutiably yellowing in places!

Here are my efforts - now housing my crochet project!



If you keep things sometimes, not entirely sure why, when or what you'll use it for,  then this is a great way to use some of those supplies up. I'm still holding out for something to use all my old tissue paper for, there is only so many presents you can wrap in scrunched up old tissue paper without people thinking your a little bit stingey!

No comments:

Post a Comment