Monday 30 January 2012

Patterned pavements

If only they made pavements colourful and patterned here! When I was wondering around Buenos Aires on my recent South American adventure I could't help but notice really pretty patterned tiles everywhere...on pavements, door steps and courtyards. I just made the place look so lovely. They have all aged so well too...I reckon they must have been there for over 100 years.























Some of the old crumbling mansions in the San Telmo district still have most of their original features. We stumbled upon one old mansion that didn't look that much from the outside but inside opened up into three massive courtyards, all with beautiful old tiling. All the rooms had been become little shops of antiques,  vintage clothing and architectural salvage.

























A lot of the boutiques we went to also had flashes of patterned tiles which I thought looked awesome. 





Certainly gave me inspiration for my own little shop! We still have the original Minton floor in the hallway of the mock tudor building that will become the home of my new business. Once we get it polished up and repaired I think it will look fantastic! 

No comments:

Post a Comment