Saturday 24 September 2011

Creative Tuesday

Things have been pretty busy the past few weeks at The Next Stitch Towers and despite blog posts being a bit sparse there has been plenty of stitching going on!


I'm working on a potential new business venture at the moment (don't want to reveal too much at the mo until it comes together a bit more) and that has been taking up a lot of time, the computer has been stealing hours from the day again. So, last Tuesday I decided to spend the whole day making things.


A few weeks ago I got some funky Cath Kidson fabric at the outlet shop at Bicester and decided to make it into an apron. I just sort of made the pattern up as I went along and held up against me to check size. I wanted something that went right around my waist as I tend to wipe my hands on my side when I'm cooking (bad habit from my mum I think). I had some pom pom trim that I wanted to use up too.



So after the apron I looked to my pinterest board of crafty ideas I love and made a little business card holder. Ok so I don't have a business yet, never mind business cards but I'm working on that - just doing a bit of planning ahead.




That didn't take me long so then I gave patchwork a go. I bought an Amy Butler pattern the weekend before and had some liberty fabric that I've been wanting to use for ages so seemed like a good chance to use up some of my ever growing bundle of fabric. When I was on holiday in America in July I bought a rotary cutter and one of the clear measurerer thingies so you can measure things accurately and it seemed a good chance to use them too.












So that wraps up my creative Tuesdays so far....looking forward to next week. On the agenda....re-upholstering my other dining chair and making up more of the screen printed calico tote bags.

No comments:

Post a Comment