Monday 23 May 2011

block printed napkins

This is the first project I've completed using the new wooden stamps I bought as part of a block printing kit.   The fabric I used was left over blue linen from another project. 
I hadn't ever used this type of printing before so had to do a bit of experimenting first.
breaking the stamps in

experimenting on different surfaces

this is some scrap silk

and another type of linen, but the prints didn't come out as clear on the surface


this was my colour palette for the napkins
A bit time consuming but I got there eventually, a good few hours later. 

this is the fabric once printing stage is complete

I then just finished off the edges by folding them in twice and stitching it down on the machine.  Don't think just four will be enough though.......

No comments:

Post a Comment